With Cinco de Mayo and nicer weather right around the corner, we proclaim the margarita season officially open. Watch how to make this delicious margarita with all the Mexican staples you love—avocado, pineapple, lime, chili powder, and of course, tequila!
Complete your Cinco de Mayo feast with one of our 51 Incredibly Healthy Mexican Recipes.
Makes 1 cocktail
For the margarita:
2 Tbsp avocado
1 tsp grated coconut (optional)
1/3 cup cubed pineapple
Juice from 3 lime wedges
1 1/2 oz tequila
1/2 tsp agave syrup
For the chili salt rim:
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp lime zest
1/2 cup pink Himalayan salt
How to Make It
- Combine the avocado, coconut, pineapple, lime juice, tequila, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients and set aside.
- To make the chili salt rim, combine the chili powder, lime zest, and salt on a shallow plate. Stir together. Wet the rim by rubbing it with a lime wedge, then press it into the salt mix. Twist around until you get a thick coating on the rim.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake. Add some ice to your glass and pour the cocktail. Garnish with a lime or pineapple wedge.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Pie Recipes To Make This Weekend
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – 15 Vintage Cakes That Are Perfect for Birthdays
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make