With Cinco de Mayo and nicer weather right around the corner, we proclaim the margarita season officially open. Watch how to make this delicious margarita with all the Mexican staples you love—avocado, pineapple, lime, chili powder, and of course, tequila!
Complete your Cinco de Mayo feast with one of our 51 Incredibly Healthy Mexican Recipes.
Makes 1 cocktail
For the margarita:
2 Tbsp avocado
1 tsp grated coconut (optional)
1/3 cup cubed pineapple
Juice from 3 lime wedges
1 1/2 oz tequila
1/2 tsp agave syrup
For the chili salt rim:
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp lime zest
1/2 cup pink Himalayan salt
How to Make It
- Combine the avocado, coconut, pineapple, lime juice, tequila, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients and set aside.
- To make the chili salt rim, combine the chili powder, lime zest, and salt on a shallow plate. Stir together. Wet the rim by rubbing it with a lime wedge, then press it into the salt mix. Twist around until you get a thick coating on the rim.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake. Add some ice to your glass and pour the cocktail. Garnish with a lime or pineapple wedge.
More content from Recipes
- – 9 Worst Classic Holiday Desserts No One Makes Anymore—and for Good Reason
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – The Best Turkey Seasoning Blends to Knock Your Socks Off, Chefs Say
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer