Best & Worst McFlurry at McDonald's
You know that one wrong choice can erase the calories you burned in a workout or two, but there's good news: some indulgences aren't as bad as you might think. Enter the McFlurry, McDonalds' ice cream dessert swirled with M&Ms or Oreos. The right choice can fit nicely into your cheat day; the wrong one can set you up for a cheat week.
Snack Size McFlurry with Oreo Cookies
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
McFlurry with M&Ms Chocolate Candies
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
It's no shock that a snack-size dessert is a better choice than its regular-size counterpart, but in the case of the McFlurry, you might be surprised to see how many calories you're saving. Swapping a regular M&M for the one-third-smaller snack-size Oreo version saves you 310 calories, or the equivalent of a cheeseburger or a medium order of French fries!
Mickey D's most consistent McFlurry mix-ins are Oreos and M&Ms, although special flavors pop up from time to time. Surprisingly, the cookies are the better choice in either size. (Putting the snack sizes head-to-head, the Oreo McFlurry has 90 fewer calories and 25% less fat than the M&M version.) Alas, while studies involving M&Ms have taught us various ways to stay slim, none of the conclusions involved scarfing them in McDonald's ice cream.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Latest Happy Meal Stunt Is a Letdown for Fans and a Huge Pain for Employees
- – The Best Chocolate Cake in Every State
- – Are PSLs Dying? I Wanted to Try 5, but Could Only Find These 3
- – 8 "Southern" Foods That Aren't Actually From the South
- – 7 "Thai" Foods No One Eats in Thailand
- – McDonald's Is Rumored To Bring Back This Beloved Item for the First Time in Years
- – McDonald's Is Opening a New Innovation Lab in Its Home City
- – McDonald's Is Closing All Locations for a Day in This Country