These Copycat Legoland Apple Fries Are The Perfect Fall Sweet Treat
If you've ever graced the presence of a LEGOLAND—whether it be in New York, Florida, California, or any of their other 10 locations across the globe—you may have heard of LEGOLAND's famous Granny Smith Apple Fries. This sweet treat is exactly what you would expect it to be—green Granny Smith apples sliced up into fry-sized pieces, fried, coated in cinnamon sugar, and topped with whipped cream. It's a staple when you visit LEGOLAND, and we have the exact copycat recipe so you can enjoy this crispy, sweet treat right at home.
This copycat LEGOLAND apple fries recipe only calls for four ingredients—Granny Smith apples, canola oil, corn starch, and cinnamon sugar. Make sure to have a pot or deep cast-iron skillet to do some light frying, and you'll be enjoying this delicious fall treat sooner than you think.
Here's how to make it at home, and for even more delicious copycat recipe ideas, check out our list of 45+ Best Healthy Copycat Restaurant Recipes to Try Tonight.
Granny Smith Apples
1 quart canola oil
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 oz. cinnamon sugar
How to Make It
- Heat up the canola oil in a deep pot until the oil hits 350 degrees. It's hot—be careful!
- While the oil is heating, peel and core the apples, then slice them into fry-sized pieces.
- Gently coat your apple fries in the corn starch.
- Toss the fries gently into the oil. Allow the fries to cook for 30 seconds, or until crispy and golden brown. Make sure to move the fries around so they don't stick together.
- Remove the fries from the oil carefully with a slotted spoon or a spider strainer. Make sure to shake off any extra oil, then place them in a clean mixing bowl.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar and serve with any desired toppings. Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of LEGOLAND New York. If you're up for trying the real deal to do some "research" before making your own, LEGOLAND® New York Resort is an amusement park and resort to visit for kids (and adults!) of any age above two.
Get even more recipe ideas in your inbox by signing up for our newsletter!