The Best Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
When I go to Panera, I have a few go-to picks. There's the Spicy Thai Salad, with those crispy wonton strips and that delectable peanut sauce. There's also the Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt, on peppery focaccia smothered in chipotle mayo. But no matter what, I always have to get Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup as one of my pick-two options. A cup of this soup is incredibly filling, and quite honestly, it just soothes my soul.
Sadly, I don't have the time (or the budget) to head to Panera every day for some delicious broccoli cheddar soup. Which is why I put together a copycat Panera broccoli cheddar soup recipe to enjoy right at home. The best part? You can make the entire recipe in one pot, and it makes at least four servings—perfect for your lunch meal prep!
So next time you're craving some Panera, give this copycat broccoli cheddar soup recipe a try.
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 carrots, shaved
2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
2 cups half and half
1 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 broccoli crowns, broken into florets
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
How to Make It
- Heat a dutch oven (or a large pot) over medium heat. Melt in 1 tablespoon of the butter, then add in the diced onion and minced garlic. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Melt in the rest of the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and stir the onions until the flour is completely mixed in.
- Pour in the broth. Slowly pour in the half in half while continuously whisking.
- Add in the broccoli florets and the shaved carrots.
- Cover the dutch oven and cook on low for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove half of the soup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the blended soup back to the dutch oven and stir in the shredded cheddar. Once the cheese has melted, serve.