An Easy Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Craving some Chinese takeout? This homemade crock-pot beef and broccoli will satisfy that craving for you faster than you think! While most slow cooker recipes take longer to cook, this one is surprisingly short and sweet. In just 2 hours you can have a delicious, hot meal ready to serve for you and a crowd!
Serve the delicious beef and broccoli on a bed of white rice (I like using Minute Rice because it cooks quickly). Make sure to scoop out the extra juices from the crock-pot beef and broccoli and mix it in with the white rice.
If you like sesame seeds, sprinkle some of those on as well! It gives the beef and broccoli an added flavor that will remind you of your favorite Chinese takeout dish.
Makes 4-6 servings
1 16 oz. flank steak, sliced thin
2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets (around 4-5 cups)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup beef stock
1 tablespoon cornstarch
How to Make It
- Add in the flank steak and broccoli florets to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sriracha, chili flakes, grated ginger, garlic, and honey.
- Add in the sauce to the slow cooker, mix with the steak and broccoli.
- Pour in the beef stock.
- Turn the slow cooker on low for 2 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes, mix together the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water to make a slurry. Add the mixture to the crock-pot.
- Serve on rice, and sprinkle sesame seeds, if desired.
Eat This! Tip
Freeze this meal and save it for later! Add the whisked sauce mixture to one smaller sandwich bag, then add it to a larger gallon-size freezer bag with the beef and broccoli. Make sure to defrost the meal in the refrigerator 24 hours before putting it into the slow cooker. Mix ingredients together so they are evenly distributed before turning on the slow cooker. Pour in the beef stock and follow the normal instructions from there.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – 25 Cozy Instant Pot Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss
- – 11 Easy, Heart-Healthy Recipes To Make for Dinner Tonight
- – 8 Old-Fashioned Stews You Need to Know How to Make
- – 50+ Healthy Meals You Can Make Ahead & Freeze for Later
- – 21 Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook and Delight Your Guests
- – 7 Quick & Healthy Charcuterie Board Ideas for Any Occasion