7 Discontinued Ice Cream Flavors You'll Never See Again
If you're a dairy lover, you likely have a go-to ice cream flavor at the grocery store or your favorite scoop shop. And while classics like chocolate chip cookie dough will probably never go out of style, not every ice cream flavor has survived over the years.
We decided to take a trip down memory lane and find some of the best and weirdest discontinued ice cream flavors out there. (And, yes, we really wish we'd gotten to try these limited-time Publix offerings.)
And for more, don't miss these 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.
Haagen-Dazs Black Walnut Ice Cream
Black walnut isn't an ice cream flavor you typically hear about. And much to the chagrin of nut lovers, it's not one that's on shelves anymore. Even the late Herman Cain was a devoted fan of the limited-edition flavor.
Publix Chocolate Cookie Quarry Frozen Yogurt
This was technically frozen yogurt, but it's still scoopable and found in the freezer aisle. Sadly, the chocolate-centric flavor was discontinued in May.
McDonald's Snickerdoodle McFlurry
This limited-time flavor hit McDonald's in 2019. But we wouldn't mind seeing it become a permanent fixture on the menu alongside the Oreo and M&M McFlurry offerings.
Baskin-Robbins Apple Pie À la Mode
Topping a slice of apple pie with apple pie ice cream feels meta. But it's not something you can do anymore, as this ice cream flavor was retired by Baskin-Robbins.
Edy's/Dreyer's Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard
The malty taste of a diner classic, without leaving your home? For a while, that was an achievable reality. Sadly, this creamy custard is no longer in stores.
Starbucks Java Chip Ice Cream
Sure, you can get a frozen coffee treat at Starbucks with the java chip Frappuccino. But if you're looking for java chip ice cream at the grocery store, you'll be sorely disappointed. Starbucks no longer makes ice cream, much to fans' chagrin.
Publix Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
For more, check out these 108 most popular sodas ranked by how toxic they are.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – After Frequent Food Safety Issues, This Hummus Brand Halted Production To Get Back on Track
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items
- – 4 Best Store-Bought Pies To Save Your Thanksgiving