You Can No Longer Buy This Beloved KFC Item Starting Today
A big menu change KFC has been rolling out for the past several months is now fully in effect across all of their locations nationwide. Starting today, their fan-favorite potato wedges are officially no longer available. Instead, you can order the Secret Recipe Fries, a new side option featuring thick-cut fries dusted with the secret blend of 11 spices and herbs the chain uses on their fried chicken. And it's precisely these fries that have squeezed the wedges off the menu.
In 2019, the restaurant chain announced they would be taking their first foray into French fries stateside, by testing the new fries in select locations. It looks like the testing phase went well, because in early June the company officially announced the new potato in town would permanently replace the long-standing menu favorite that were the wedges. "While we know there are wedge-lovers out there who may be disappointed, consumer response to our Secret Recipe Fries during the test and the rollout has been overwhelmingly positive," a company rep told Thrillist.
And disappointed they were—many wedge lovers took to social media to express their disapproval of the menu swap. "KFC getting rid of potato wedges has to be the biggest disgrace", "THERES NO MORE POTATO WEDGES AT KFC!? BYE CANCELED", and "KFC's really gonna get rid of their potato wedges in times like these??" were just some of the reactions on Twitter.
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Fast-Food Items That Returned to Menus in 2022
- – KFC Is Launching New Funnel Cake "Fries" at Dozens of Locations
- – Chick-fil-A Just Debuted Its First Merch Collection & You're In for a Real Treat
- – 5 Old-School Restaurant Chains That Chefs Miss the Most
- – Dine-In Chains That Serve Surprisingly "Gourmet" Food, According To Chefs
- – McDonald's Is Launching a Giveaway of a Lifetime—Here's How to Enter
- – 17 Discontinued Fast-Food Desserts We Desperately Want Back
- – McDonald's Holiday Pie Is Back at Nationwide Locations