A Simple Eggs and Bacon Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Sure, breakfast tacos make sense for breakfast, but if you're a fan of having breakfast for dinner like me, then why not enjoy them for your last meal of the day? These breakfast tacos are incredibly easy to throw together when you need dinner in a pinch.
While some scrambled eggs are made with milk, I find that scrambling up the eggs and cooking them with a little butter on a skillet works fine enough. Adding milk (or even a soft cheese) will make the eggs fluffier, but my personal preference is to cook without; it works just as well.
This recipe will make four tacos, one egg accounting for each taco. If you would like to make more breakfast tacos for a crowd, add an egg for each taco you're making. So if you're making 12 tacos, grab a large skillet and crack open 12 eggs.
While it's common to choose ground beef or chicken for taco night, eggs are a great protein option as well. Eggs can help boost your metabolism and energy levels, while being incredibly beneficial for your health. Your eyes, teeth, and even your hair will all positively benefit from a serving of eggs. Because eggs also have a high protein content, they can help you feel fuller for longer.
This taco recipe can be made many other ways! You can even spruce up the tacos with some vegetables, including spinach and mushrooms. Or if you're not a fan of bacon, you could sprinkle in chunks of ham or breakfast sausage instead.
This recipe has salsa and taco cheese as a topping, but feel free to make it your own! Choose your favorite type of salsa (or hot sauce) to go on top, as well as your favorite cheese.
Eggs and Bacon Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Makes 2 servings
4 slices of bacon, cooked
butter (for cooking)
How to Make It
- Scramble up the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat up a skillet with a small sliver of butter. Once the butter is completely melted, pour the eggs onto the hot skillet.
- Scramble until the eggs are completely cooked through.
- Separate the eggs into four tortillas. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on, along with the taco cheese and salsa.
- Serve immediately.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes