How to Fold a Burrito So None of Your Filling Falls Out
I was the kind of high-school student that loved having a lot of different jobs. It was to save money for college, of course, but also to keep busy in my free time. I worked at the local Dairy Queen (and learned how to make perfect milkshakes), spent my summers as a camp counselor, and worked the counter at a taco shop. I was in charge of taking orders, serving customers, packing food up for delivery, and assembling three of the restaurant's most popular items: tacos, salads, and burritos. Because of this experience, I learned how to fold a burrito perfectly—a skill I'm still proud of to this day.
For this burrito folding tutorial, I prepped our breakfast burrito recipe, which is full of all kinds of deliciousness. Once you have the filling of your burrito ready, here's how to properly stuff and how to fold a burrito so you can have the cleanest burrito-eating experience ever.
Here is an easy step-by-step tutorial for you to follow!
Place the fillings on the bottom half of the tortilla
One mistake people easily make with burritos is filing the entire surface of tortilla with filling. In order for the burrito to fold well (without having any filling fall out the sides), you want to push all of the filling to the bottom half of the burrito shell. This will make for a much easier folding (and eating) experience.
Fold in the sides of the shell
Using both hands, fold in the sides of the burrito shell, which will make a vertical rectangle shape.
Roll the bottom of the burrito
Use your thumbs to fold the bottom of the burrito shell (the side with the filling) over to the middle of the burrito shell.
Fold the corners at the top
Fold the top corners of the burrito shell in while holding the bottom of the burrito with your two thumbs.
Roll the burrito the rest of the way
Continue to roll the burrito, then enjoy!
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)