Low-Sugar Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
Take one look at the The Unhealthiest Restaurant Cocktails in America and you'll see a theme: margaritas constantly fall on the list. Some of these slushes can contain 70 grams of sugar per glass! That's nearly a day and a half's worth of added sugar—in just one cocktail. And, if we're being honest, we'll tend to have more than one per dinner.
But not only will these margaritas encourage weight loss with their hundreds of empty calories, but they'll also result in a terrible hangover due to their high sugar content.
If you want to indulge in booze responsibly, consider making this pomegranate margarita. Instead of using any refined sugars or simple syrup, this recipe is sweetened naturally using pomegranate juice. We also followed a more traditional margarita recipe and use Cointreau or Triple Sec: spirits that lend a mellow yet tart orange flavor, that complements that lime and pomegranate juice perfectly.
Bonus: Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants that help protect the body against free radicals (unstable molecules that can cause damage to our bodies over time). Fun fact—on average, pomegranate juice has four times the antioxidants as green tea! (That's not to say that green tea isn't a powerful weight loss drink.)
So grab a glass, and pair this pomegranate margarita with your favorite fish tacos, courtesy of Lose Weight Like Crazy Even if You Have a Crazy Life!
Makes 1 (approx. 5 fl. oz.)
1 fl. oz. tequila
2 fl. oz. pomegranate juice
1 fl. oz. fresh lime juice
¼ fl. oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 lime wedge
1 tsp. fresh pomegranate seeds
How To Make It
- Fill a rocks glass ¾ full with ice.
- Add tequila, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and Cointreau or Triple Sec.
- Stir to chill; garnish with lime wedge and pomegranate seeds.
Recipe Note: The rocks glass (or old-fashioned glass) is a short tumbler used for serving spirits, such as whiskey, with ice cubes.
More content from Recipes
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 15 Best Old-Fashioned Recipes to Bring Back for Fall
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests