An Instant Pot Chili Recipe That's Keto
Not everyone loves beans in their chili. While I'm not one of those people, I do know quite a few who believe having beans in chili is a cardinal sin. Because I've made my fair share of chili recipes with beans in them (like this copycat Wendy's chili recipe), I figured for this Instant Pot chili recipe I'd keep it low carb and leave beans out of it. Not only for those who are attempting a low-carb diet, but for all of those bean haters who believe a can of black beans or kidney beans should never grace the holy presence of a pot of chili.
So if you're one of those people that can't stand beans in chili, I dedicate this Instant Pot chili recipe to you.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 lbs. ground beef
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce
2 10 oz. cans of diced tomatoes & green chiles
How to Make It
- Turn on the Sauté feature for the Instant Pot. Once warm, pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Cook the minced garlic, then the onions and peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Sprinkle in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and the diced tomatoes with green chiles. Mix, then place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Switch to manual (Pressure Cook) and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Let it naturally depressurize for 10 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream, or any other desired toppings.