Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
There are a lot of different ways to cook chicken. It's an incredibly versatile protein that can go in all kinds of dishes—enchiladas, pasta bakes, salads, and so much more. But learning to cook it properly can be somewhat of a challenge, which is why having the right tools can help. Using an Instant Pot, for example, is an easy way to cook deliciously juicy chicken. Cooked in chicken broth with a touch of fresh lemon juice, this Instant Pot lemon chicken recipe is an easy and flavorful protein to add to your dinner plate. Pair it with some easy sides like roasted broccoli or Brussels sprouts for a well-rounded meal.
So if you're looking for even more easy weeknight meals, Instant Pot lemon chicken recipe requires almost no prep time and will have you putting dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 onion, diced
3 tbsp butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup chicken broth
5-6 thyme sprigs
How to Make It
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant pot to saute. Once warm, add the olive oil and the chicken thighs.
- Cook the chicken thighs on each side for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic and the diced onion.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix to combine. Place the chicken thighs in the Instant Pot and sprinkle the Italian seasoning on the tops. Pour in the chicken broth, then place the thyme sprigs on the chicken.
- Close the lid and make sure the seal is secure. Set the time on manual (Pressure Cook) for 7 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then let it cook.
- Once the timer goes off, leave the chicken in the Instant Pot for 2 to 3 minutes before releasing the pressure. Release the seal, then carefully take the lid off. Serve with one of these tasty side dishes for chicken.