A Hearty Italian Hash With Eggs Recipe
Is there anything more satisfying than a hearty breakfast hash? With crispy potatoes, fresh vegetables, and a nice fried egg, you can't go wrong with this filling morning meal. But this Italian hash takes things to the next level, with chicken sausage, banana peppers, kale, and Asiago cheese. And, of course, that picture-perfect fried egg really makes this dish.
This breakfast has all the flavor of an Italian sandwich with peppers and onions, but thanks to the chicken sausage, as well as the additions like kale and eggs, it's a way healthier alternative to a greasy, carb-heavy sandwich at a deli. Instead, this Italian hash is filled with nutrients, along with healthy fats and carbs. And with 25 grams of protein and four grams of fiber in each serving, you'll have plenty of energy to take on the morning ahead.
If your preferred breakfasts lean more toward the savory side, this hash and eggs recipe could be a great addition to your rotation. It's a flavorful and healthy breakfast, and it's hearty enough to fuel you for all of the day's activities.
Nutrition: 378 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated), 577 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 25 g protein
Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb small red potatoes, cut into thin slices
1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped fresh banana peppers
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz precooked Italian-style chicken sausage, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 cups thinly sliced kale
1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
Salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once, until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Add mushrooms, banana peppers, onion, and Italian seasoning; cook 3 minutes. Add sausage and kale; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until kale has wilted and all vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Meanwhile, spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set and yolks start to thicken.
- Serve fried eggs over hash. Season with salt and pepper.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes