Juicy Asian Chicken and Saucy Slaw
Instead of ordering Chinese takeout the next time you hunger for a flavorful Asian meal, use a grill pan to make quick work of chicken breast and crisp bell peppers and baby bok choi. Chinese American takeout tends to be very high in sodium and fat and therefore highly inflammatory. You can do better at home with clean, fresh, nutritious ingredients.
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 heads baby bok choy (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 green onions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup slivered snow pea pods
- Sesame seeds (optional)
How to Make It
- In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp. of the oil and the five-spice powder.
- Brush chicken, bok choy, peppers, and onions with oil mixture.
- Use a grill plan to grill chicken and bell peppers, covered, over medium about 10 minutes or until chicken is done (165 °F) and peppers are charred, turning once. Grill bok choy and onions 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly charred, turning once.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a cutting board. Cover chicken to keep warm. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- For slaw, in a bowl whisk together the remaining 2 Tbsp. canola oil, the vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Add grilled vegetables and snow pea pods. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with slaw. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For more healthy eating news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Recipes
- – 8 Baking Secrets They Only Teach You in Pastry School
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes
- – 13 Old-Fashioned Steak Recipes You Need to Try Tonight
- – SunGold Kiwi Salsa Snack
- – 11 Mouthwatering Mac & Cheese Recipes Way Better Than Boxed