Keto Eggs Baked in Cream With Prosciutto, Parmesan, and Basil Recipe
When you're on the keto diet, you quickly learn there are some foods you often ate that you simply just have to give up. But on the bright side, not everything has to be eliminated, and while you might not be able to chow down on a loaf of regular bread anymore, there are still plenty of delicious, good-for-you meal options. And that's important when you're looking for something to make for breakfast. Here, we have a keto eggs recipe that brings a ton of flavor and goes beyond a basic scramble.
This dish features butter, heavy cream, cheese, eggs, and prosciutto. Can you think of anything more appropriate for a keto breakfast? Plus, eggs are a staple of any healthy breakfast, especially if you're trying to make more health-conscious meal choices. Egg yolks have choline, a major source of nutrition that positively impacts your metabolism, nerve function, and brain development.
Along with the health benefits of eggs, this recipe is quick to make, too, as you only need a total of 15 minutes to prep and cook the dish. And because these eggs are made in a ramekin, you can easily make a few at a time and save them to have during the week. Meal prep just a lot easier and tastier.
Below is our easy keto eggs recipe.
Nutrition: 292 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated), 670 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 16 g protein
Makes 2 servings
1 tsp butter, softened
4 Tbsp heavy cream
4 large eggs
salt and black pepper
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 slice prosciutto, coarsely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped fresh basil
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place two 6-ounce ramekins on a small rimmed baking pan. Butter the ramekins with softened butter.
- Add two tablespoons of cream to each ramekin. Carefully crack two eggs into each ramekin, coaxing the yolks toward the center using a spoon. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Top each ramekin with one tablespoon of the cheese and half of the prosciutto.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake until set near the edges and jiggly in the center, about 12 minutes.
- Let stand two minutes, then sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
More content from Recipes
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 15 Best Old-Fashioned Recipes to Bring Back for Fall
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests
- – 20 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- – 65 Tasty Fall Recipes That Make Weight Loss So Much Easier
- – 28 High-Protein Breakfasts That Keep You Full
- – 15 Foods That Just Taste Better in the South