Keto Butter-Baked Salmon and Asparagus Recipe
Salmon and asparagus are always great together grilled, but this baked salmon recipe is even more appropriate for keto diet followers because it adds more delicious fat to the omega-3 fatty acids found naturally in salmon. The hint of lemon in the mayo-based topping is delicious on the asparagus, too.
While olive oil is a natural pairing for salmon, this recipe adds fat and flavor from another source: butter. High-fat foods are an essential part of the keto diet, and butter adds plenty of fat (not to mention delicious flavor) to this meal. Combined with a mayonnaise-heavy topping, this meal is as rich and decadent as it is healthy.
Plus, this keto dinner only requires about 10 minutes of hands-on time. All you have to do is trim the ends off the asparagus, melt the butter, and let everything bake on a sheet pan as you put the dressing together. If you're looking for a new go-to weeknight dinner, this baked salmon recipe has you covered.
Nutrition: 586 calories, 52 g fat (16 g saturated), 721 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 26 g protein
Makes 2 servings
3 Tbsp butter
2 4-oz fresh salmon fillets, skin-on
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp chopped green onion
2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
1 tsp lemon juice
How to Make It
- Melt the butter. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium.
- Prep the salmon. Place salmon, skin side down, on one side of a baking sheet. Add asparagus to the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over salmon and asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, and asparagus is tender.
- Make the topping. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, green onion, parsley, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Serve with roasted salmon and asparagus. If desired, top with additional parsley.
Eat This Tip
Trim off the woody ends of the asparagus before adding spears to the pan. Cook until tender but not mushy.
More content from Recipes
- – 5 Best Recipes to Help Lower Blood Sugar, Says Dietitian
- – 61+ Best Healthy Fish Recipes for Weight Loss
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
- – Whipped Cottage Cheese With Berries and Pistachios
- – Vegetable Croquettes
- – 15 Healthy Stir-Fry Recipes That Take 25 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 25 New Twists on Classic Recipes