Quick & Easy Keto Coconut Cookies Recipe
These cookies are a dream come true for any coconut lover following a keto diet. They combine three coconut products—coconut flakes, coconut butter, and coconut oil. Over the cookies is a drizzle of sugar-free low-carb melted chocolate. Does it get better than that?
When baking with coconut oil, you'll quickly realize how versatile and flavorful this oil is. It doesn't necessarily overpower your baked goods, it just imparts a pleasant, sweet aroma to your creations. Most recipes that call for coconut oil actually call for unrefined coconut oil (virgin) that's made from fresh coconuts and minimally processed, which preserves its aroma. However, if you're a little apprehensive about the coconut aroma, you can use refined coconut oil, which goes through more elaborate processing and is stripped of the coconut odor and flavor—the nutritional benefits like high contents of healthy saturated fats are the same for both.
Makes 18 cookies
1/4 cup (28g) blanched almond flour, like Bob’s Red Mill
1 1/2 cups (90g) unsweetened coconut flakes, like Bob’s Red Mill
1/4 cup coconut butter, like Artisana Organics
1 Tbsp coconut oil plus 1 tsp for chocolate drizzle
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
4 large egg whites
1/4 cup (48g) Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
1/3 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips, like ChocZero
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375ºF; line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut butter, 1 tablespoon of the oil, vanilla, and salt, and pulse until the mixture is shredded up and well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with sweetener using an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold one-third of egg whites into coconut mixture to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
- Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon scoop or two spoons to portion dough onto a baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake until cookies begin to turn golden and spring back lightly when touched, about 10 to 13 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies directly to rack to cool completely. (Cookies are very soft but firm up as they cool.)
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, combine chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from pot. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies (alternatively, spoon into a zippered storage bag, seal, snip off one corner, and drizzle chocolate over cookies).
- Refrigerate to set chocolate.