Keto Grilled Flank Steak & Vegetables With Spicy Aioli Recipe
This is a wonderful keto dinner for two…or 10. You'll just have to do some multiplication if you're feeding a crowd. Grilled flank steak is a great idea for a backyard cookout with friends because it's difficult to mess up and impressive to serve. The marinade always makes the meat come out flavorful, and the grilled vegetable packet keeps delicate broccolini and sweet pepper strips from crisping up and falling through the grates. The richness and heat from the wasabi-macadamia nut aioli will make your guests wonder if you've secretly taken instruction from the CIA—Culinary Institute of America. We think this easy dish will become an entertaining go-to for you because it's simple to serve, impressive on its own, and a general crowd-pleaser.
Nutrition: 572 calories, 38 g fat (8 g saturated), 992 mg sodium, 16 g carbs, 6 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 43 g protein
Makes 2 servings
3/4 lb flank steak
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup red bell pepper strips
4 stalks broccolini
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 tsp wasabi
2 tsp chopped toasted macadamia nuts
How to Make It
- Using a sharp knife, score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag in a bowl. Mince 1 clove garlic; add to bag with soy sauce, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Seal and turn to coat steak. Marinate 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator, turning the bag occasionally.
- Fold a 36-by-18-inch piece of heavy foil in half to make a double-thick 18-by-18-inch piece. Add bell pepper, broccolini, and remaining 2 whole cloves garlic. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold edges to completely enclose the vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Drain steak, discard marinade. Place steak and vegetable packet on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill steak 11 to 16 minutes to medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally; grill vegetable packet 15 to 20 minutes or until pepper and broccolini are crisp-tender.
- Remove steak and vegetable packet from the grill. Let steak rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, for aioli, remove the garlic from the packet and chop finely. In a small bowl, combine garlic, mayonnaise, wasabi, and a dash of soy sauce. Stir in macadamia nuts. Thinly slice the steak across the grain. Serve with aioli and vegetables.
More content from Recipes
- – 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Manage Diabetes
- – Egg Muffins with Spinach and Feta
- – Almond Cherry Smoothie Packs
- – Pecan Pie Muffins
- – Crunchy Peach Parfaits
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats