Nailing the perfect pancake recipe is no easy feat, but once you master it and those pancake-flipping skills, there's a good chance you're going to want to make a few flapjacks for breakfast whenever you have the chance. And if you're following the keto diet, you don't have to worry about missing out. That's right—just because you're following a low-carb diet, that doesn't mean you can no longer indulge in some fuffy pancakes to kickstart your morning. That's where our keto pancakes recipe comes in.
What's great about this recipe is that it is very easy to make. You're going to use ingredients that aren't necessarily typical of pancakes, but once you round up the almond flour, coconut flour, and collagen peptides, everything else you'll need you can easily find in your kitchen. Plus, pancakes are easy to customize with the addition of different toppings. You won't get bored!
Check out the full recipe for the fluffiest keto pancakes.
Makes 14 pancakes
1 cup blanched almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp collagen peptides
1 tbsp powdered Lakanto sweetener (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
4 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
Ghee or additional avocado oil for cooking
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, collagen, sweetener (if using), baking powder, and salt, taking care to break up any lumps. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, oil, and vinegar until well mixed. Stir egg mixture into the flour mixture, mixing well.
- Warm a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Brush with ghee or oil. Drop pancake batter by 3 tablespoonfuls and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden on other side and cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate or baking sheet, and keep warm in the oven while you cook remaining pancakes.
How to customize keto pancakes
Here are some creative keto-friendly add-ins you can include in your batter:
- Crushed freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries
- Toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- Sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped sugar-free dark chocolate
- Finely chopped cooked bacon (cook pancakes in rendered bacon fat)
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and vanilla