The Easiest Key Lime Pie Recipe
This is the easiest pie in the history of baking. Mix, pour, bake, serve, devour. Simple as that. It's so easy, it'll become your go-to for potluck and dinner parties. Tell them you'll bring dessert and show up with a Key lime pie (or two). If you can't find bottled Key lime juice (or fresh Key limes) in your local supermarket, you can get a 16-ounce bottle of Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice delivered right to your door instead for authentic flavor. In a pinch, regular lime juice will do, even if the majority of south Floridians would cry foul.
Nutrition: 330 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated), 39 g sugar
2 egg whites
1⁄2 cup Key lime juice (Key limes have an intense tart flavor that standard limes just can't match. If you do use regular lime, add some extra zest to intensify the citrus kick.)
1 1⁄2 tsp grated lime zest
1 can (14 oz) low-fat sweetened condensed milk
1 graham cracker crust (6 oz)
1 1/2 cups low-fat whipped topping
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs and egg whites with a whisk or a mixer until blended.
- Stir in the juice, zest, and milk, and beat until well-blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake on the center oven rack for about 20 minutes, until the center is set but still wobbly (it will firm up as it cools).
- Allow the pie to cool on the counter, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Before eating, spread the whipped topping evenly over the filling.
Eat This Tip
Now that you've got all that extra Key lime juice, what to do with it? Try one of these with your new citrus supply:
- Mix equal parts curry powder, Key lime juice, and tomato paste, and slow cook chicken chunks and chickpeas in the sauce.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of juice with a half stick of softened butter. Top grilled fish and meat with it.
- Make a Key lime martini by shaking 1 part juice, 1 part simple syrup, and 2 parts vanilla vodka or gin.
- Freeze some juice and mix with yogurt to make Key lime popsicles.
More content from Recipes
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 15 Best Old-Fashioned Recipes to Bring Back for Fall
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests