This Beloved Dessert Chain Just Released Three Intriguing Mashup Items
From the launch of its Original Glazed Soft Serve Ice Cream to the debut of its cereal-themed doughnut line, Krispy Kreme continues to keep customers on their toes by rolling out various creative dessert offerings.
Now, the doughnut giant has unveiled yet another new sweet treat that not only features fall flavors but also brings together two iconic desserts.
On September 5, Krispy Kreme introduced a first-of-its-kind ChurrDough Collection, which includes three limited-time, churro-inspired doughnuts that have all been tossed in cinnamon sugar.
First up is the Cinnamon Sugar Churrdough, which is topped with swirls of cinnamon Kreme and salted caramel crunch pieces. Then, for the chocolate lovers, there's the Cookies & Kreme Churrdough, which is adorned with swirls of chocolate cookie Kreme, drizzled with chocolate icing, and topped with chocolate cookie pieces.
Finally, rounding out the new doughnut lineup is the Dulce De Leche Churrdough. The cinnamon sugar-tossed treat is decorated with swirls of cream cheese icing topped with cookie pieces and a dulce de leche drizzle.
"If you love classic churros or our Original Glazed Doughnuts, you're going to love this light and airy, cinnamon-y, caramel-y, creamy, sugary goodness we've created," Dave Skena, Global Chief Brand Officer of Krispy Kreme, said in a statement.
The three new doughnuts will be available until September 18 and can be purchased individually or in a pack of three at participating shops across the U.S.
The release of the Churrdoughs comes almost one month after Krispy Kreme dropped its pumpkin spice menu items. The fall-themed collection features a brand-new Pumpkin Spice Latte Swirl Doughnut and Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee, as well as four returning favorites: the Pumpkin Spice Original Glazed Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice Original Filled Cheesecake Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice Cake Doughnut, and the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Restaurant Chains That Are Currently Shrinking
- – Taco Bell and Pete Davidson Would Like to Apologize for Your Breakfast
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Has Gotten Much Worse at the Drive-Thru, New Study Shows
- – This Fast-Food Burger Sold Out In Two Hours Last Year—and Now It's Coming Back
- – The #1 Order to Never Make at Texas Roadhouse, Dietitian Says
- – These Fast-Food Chains Were Just Voted Top Food Destinations for Travelers
- – 9 Secrets Krispy Kreme Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 25 Low-Calorie Restaurant Meals Under 500 Calories