McDonald's Most Iconic Menu Item Is Officially Back
This just in: McDonald's is bringing back its legendary McRib sandwich—but only for a limited time.
Described as "saucy, tangy, tender, and shamelessly delicious," the McRib sandwich will return to McDonald's menu this week on Dec. 2. For the first time in nearly a decade, it will also be served nationwide. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.)
"The McRib has been a beloved menu item at McDonald's since its inception nearly 40 years ago," Linda VanGosen, vice president of menu innovation, said in a statement. "There's nothing quite like the taste of the McRib. To our customers, it's become more than a delicious, saucy moment … It's a season, and it's taking the internet by storm. That's why this year, we're proud to serve the McRib nationwide for everyone to enjoy."
In former years, the McRib has come back to menus at select McDonald's locations only. The beloved sandwich, which debuted in the early '80s, hasn't been served at all restaurants since 2012. Last year, for example, the McRib could only be found in just over 10,000 U.S. locations. For context, there are roughly 14,400 in the U.S. McDonald's customers in Germany, however, get to enjoy the McRib year-round.
While the sandwich will sadly only be available for a short time, the chain rolled out new breakfast items not too long ago that are here to stay, including the Apple Fritter, Blueberry Muffin, and the Cinnamon Roll. Similar to the McRib, the new treats are the first pastry items to join the menu in nearly a decade. And you can soon get one free every day for an entire week.
For more on McDonald's, be sure to read 7 Healthiest McDonald's Orders, According to a Dietitian.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 Once-Popular Sandwich Chains Customers Have Soured On
- – 8 Secrets Outback Steakhouse Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 9 Fast-Food Breakfasts To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Burger
- – 12 Worst Steakhouse Sides to Stay Away From Right Now
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations