Popeyes Is Adding 4 Items to the Menu Today
After a six-year hiatus, the Hushpuppy Shrimp meal will be making its long-awaited return to the southern chain. The $6 meal includes eight pieces of butterfly shrimp fried in a light, crispy cornmeal crust and served with creole cocktail sauce, a hot biscuit, and a choice of a signature side. As an incentive to order it, the fast-food chain is taking $1 off when customers purchase this boxed meal with mobile order and pay.
For more fast-food news, check out This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Crustless "Pizza."
Popeyes is also bringing back its Surf and Turf meal. Available for $7, this menu option now features the chain's iconic fried chicken sandwich and four pieces of Hushpuppy Shrimp with a side of creole cocktail dipping sauce.
On the sweeter side of things, the fast-food chain is rolling out two additional dessert options. It will bring back its popular powdered sugar-covered Chocolate Beignets, which initially launched in December of 2020.
A Banana Cream Cake is a new dessert on the menu, too. It's priced at $2.99 and consists of moist vanilla cake topped with whipped banana cream and Nilla wafer crumbs.
The release of the four menu items isn't the only excitement Popeyes has served up to customers this summer. At the end of June, the chain brought back its free sandwich promotion in partnership with Grubhub. Every Friday until August 26, customers can get a free chicken sandwich when they order at least $20 worth of Popeyes on Grubhub. The promo code will automatically apply at checkout, and delivery will be free, as well.
More content from Restaurants
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound
- – 6 Fast-Food Orders To Avoid If You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 8 Chefs' Tips for Ordering the Best Meal at a Steakhouse
- – A Leaked Wendy's Memo Reveals the Next Big Menu Launch Scheduled for This Fall
- – 8 Fast-Food Sandwiches To Stay Away From Right Now, According to RDs
- – 8 Secrets Texas Roadhouse Employees Don't Want You to Know