This Popular Pizza Chain Is Launching Its First-Ever Crustless "Pizza"
Never one to shy away from pizza-inspired and pizza-adjacent innovation (like the popular Papadias), Papa Johns is about to serve up a new take on pizza. And this time, it will be made without one key ingredient: the crust.
After successfully testing its oven-baked "Papa Bowls" at select locations in Louisiana back in December, the Kentucky-based pizza chain will be rolling out three different crustless pizza bowls nationwide starting on August 15.
For more fast-food news, check out 4 Restaurant Chains With the Most Craveable Menu Items in America, According to Customers.
For the meat lovers, there's the Italian Meats Trio Papa Bowl. This menu item is made with Papa Johns' signature pizza and Alfredo sauces and features a combination of pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, green peppers, onions and tomatoes, blanketed in three different melted cheeses and Italian seasoning.
Then, there's the Chicken Alfredo Papa Bowl, which consists of creamy Alfredo and garlic parmesan sauces, grilled chicken, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes, covered with melted cheeses and Italian seasoning.
For those seeking a vegetarian option, the Garden Veggie Papa Bowl has a mix of spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and banana peppers. It's layered with the chain's signature pizza sauce, and like the other two varieties, is topped with a combination of three melted cheeses and Italian seasoning.
Additionally, customers have the option to create their own Papa Bowl, which includes a choice of sauce and a maximum of seven toppings.
The pizza-inspired bowls, which are priced at $7.99, will be available exclusively for Papa Rewards loyalty members on Monday, August 15 and for all customers on Monday, August 22, 2022.
The Papa Bowls aren't the pizza chain's only menu innovation this year. In April, Papa Johns released its Epic Pepperoni-Stuffed Crust Pizza, which features the chain's original dough hand-stuffed with melted cheese and pepperoni slices, topped with pizza sauce, more cheese, and a choice of toppings.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – The #1 Unhealthiest Steak at Every Popular Steakhouse Chain
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound
- – 6 Fast-Food Orders To Avoid If You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 8 Chefs' Tips for Ordering the Best Meal at a Steakhouse