This Beloved Spicy Menu Item Is Back At McDonald's
Today is the day! Spicy Chicken McNuggets are back at McDonald's locations nationwide. Oh, and don't forget to order them with a side of Mighty Hot Sauce—the spiciest dipping sauce available at the fast-food chain.
Mickey D's is bringing back these two popular menu items for a limited time, which means there's a good chance they may sell out quickly—just like they did when they first launched last October. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
These nuggets mark the first-ever Chicken McNuggets flavor upgrade. The popular opinion? They taste better than the original. Some say the new nuggets have a crunchier coating, which packs just the right amount of heat to be palatable for most.
"The first thing I noticed is that these nuggets wear a reddish-hued shell that's slightly sturdier and crunchier than their plain counterpart (a bonus in my book). That tempura coating is seasoned with cayenne and chili peppers, which ignites your taste buds with a subtle but satisfying burn," Morgan Olsen wrote for TimeOut back when the Spicy McNuggets first hit the scene last year.
Others say you really need the addition of Mighty dipping sauce to kick the heat up into spicy territory. "They're not bad. Very slight spice by itself. The new sauce goes really well with it, though. The sauce is also where they packed all the heat. It's not 'blow your socks off' hot, but it should put a little sweat on your brow," Reddit user Snakestream said.
Whatever the case may be, you now have the opportunity to judge for yourself. Just don't forget to use the code SPICY from Feb. 2 to 6, which will get you a free 6-piece spicy nugz when you order through DoorDash and spend at least $20.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023
- – 8 Cheapest Cheeseburger and Fry Combos at Popular Fast-Food Chains
- – 6 Best Fast-Food French Fries, According to Chefs
- – 5 Thanksgiving Restaurant Deals That Could Be Cheaper Than Cooking at Home