Wendy's Just Launched Two Major Summer Menu Items
The fast-food burger chain has finally brought the Strawberry Frosty to its lineup, if only for a limited time. The new dessert is debuting alongside the returning favorite Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad.
The Strawberry Frosty will join the Chocolate Frosty as a brand-new dessert across all U.S. locations, replacing the vanilla version while it's available.
And don't miss 5 Fast-Food Sandwich Chains Customers Are Flocking To
Prior to the Strawberry Frosty's release, the dessert had a popular run in Canada last year and a successful test run in Ohio. In May, an unauthenticated company memo was leaked on Reddit announcing the item would make an early June debut in the U.S. Fans have long been calling for the national debut of this fruity Frosty flavor and speculated over the authenticity of the memo—and it turns out to have been credible.
"We're always listening to our fans and as the most-requested item, it was a no-brainer for us to bring the Strawberry Frosty to the menu this season," said Carl Loredo, chief marketing officer for Wendy's. "While some of our competitors are still trying to get their ice cream machines to work, fans can dip into this new strawberry treat all summer long at Wendy's."
The Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad combines strawberries, Applewood smoked bacon, and grilled chicken, which are served on top of a spring greens mix and topped with an Italian cheese blend, candied almonds, and a Champagne vinaigrette. This will be the third time the salad makes a limited-time debut on the menu.
A small Wendy's Strawberry Frosty will be selling for $1.89 and a Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad for $7.99, although prices may vary. Additionally, Wendy's is offering a freebie special in conjunction with the release—when you purchase a summer salad through July 3 through the app, you can redeem a free small French fry.
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't As Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it
- – Taco Bell's Entire Breakfast Menu—Ranked From Least to Most Healthy