No Bake Lemon Cake Pops
Cake pops are the perfect dessert. They're quick, easy to eat on the go, and they're wrapped up in the nostalgia of feeling like a kid again. This cake pop recipe from Mae Elizabeth uses real, whole ingredients like lemon, maple syrup, chia seeds, oats, and dates, so you can enjoy dessert without the added sugars.
You can also have your cake and eat it too with this recipe, because not only does it have no added sugars or funky ingredients you need to worry about, but it also uses P2 Almond Protein- a yummy protein powder made from almonds and other natural ingredients. So next time you're craving something sweet but want to serve up a nice boost of protein too, whip up some of these No-Bake Lemon Cake Pops!
This recipe is courtesy of Mae Elizabeth.
1 cup PB2 Almond Butter Protein
1/2 cup blended oats
10 pitted Medjool dates
2 tbsp Agave or maple syrup
Juice from half a lemon (1 tbsp)
Zest from one lemon
1 Tbsp chia seeds
How to Make It
- In a blender or food processor blend the oats first until it's a powder texture. If your dates aren't pitted, just squeeze the pit out. Add the rest of the main ingredients until well combined. Taste and see if you want to add anything like extra sweetness from agave or tartness from lemon.
- Roll the dough into balls 12 balls and place on a parchment paper-lined plate. Chill for 10-20 minutes.
- While the balls are chilling, poke holes into a cardboard box for your cake pops to be upright. If you don't have a box just make them upside down by leaving them on parchment paper.
- After the balls are chilled, melt your chocolate. To melt your chocolate, microwave pieces at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds. Repeat until melted.
- Dip a cakepop/lollipop stick into the chocolate before inserting the sticks into each ball. This helps it adhere better!
- Start sticking your "cake pops" into the holes on your cardboard box.
- Time to decorate! Drizzle with white chocolate and top with sprinkles, shredded coconut, chia seeds, etc!
- Chill for 10+ minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Looking for more ways to make some deliciously healthy desserts? Try 76 Best Dessert Recipes for Weight Loss.