Easy Plant-Based Whole Grain Pancakes With Cashew Butter Recipe
This whole grain version of pancakes is fortified with a few ingredients that are perfect sources of nutrients when you're following a plant-based diet. This meal packs 14 grams of protein into each serving, so it's the perfect breakfast for mornings when you need extra fuel.
Kodiak Cakes makes a wonderful pancake mix that's made with 100 percent whole grains. All it takes to whip up a batch of delicious plant-based pancakes is adding one cup of liquid. Here, we've used a plant-based hemp beverage from Pacific Foods, which has a creamy, nutty flavor, and it's also a great source of omega-3 and omega-6 essential amino acids.
If you top your stack with honey and fresh berries, you'll get an extra dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, along with a natural sweetness. Cashew butter makes this a truly hearty breakfast, and it's a creamy complement in place of sugary syrup. You'll get protein from both the pancakes and the cashew butter, so you'll feel fueled throughout your morning—not left with a carb crash or a sugar rush like you might with traditional diner-style pancakes.
You could even meal prep these pancakes for the week ahead! Simple make a big batch and freeze the pancakes in an airtight container for later use. Just grab them from the freezer and defrost when you need. You don't have to fire up a skillet every time!
These pancakes prove you can follow a plant-based breakfast and still enjoy some of your favorite foods. Swapping in a plant-based mix and a plant-based liquid in place of milk are easy swaps to make—once you try this recipe, you'll never go back to your old box mix.
Makes 2 servings
How to Make It
- Whisk pancake mix and the hemp beverage in a medium bowl until lump-free. Heat a seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and pour in 1/2 cup pancake mix. When the pancake starts to bubble, about 3 minutes, flip over and cook for another minute.
- Place a dollop of nut butter on top of each pancake and make a stack. Top the stack with berries, and drizzle with honey.
More content from Recipes
- – 6 Lower-Carb Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Satisfied Through Lunch
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar
- – The 30 Best-Ever Weight Loss Smoothies
- – 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Manage Diabetes
- – Egg Muffins with Spinach and Feta
- – Almond Cherry Smoothie Packs
- – Pecan Pie Muffins
- – Crunchy Peach Parfaits