Plant-Based Pear Cardamom Oats Smoothie
Looking for a new fruit to add to your smoothie routine? Try pears! Bartlett pears are perfect for smoothies since they become soft and juicy when ripe. They're an excellent source of fiber and a good source of vitamin C.
Oats provide a creamy and sweet smoothie base, whether you're adding them directly to the smoothie or using a plant-based oat beverage. Pacific Foods' oat beverage is a good source of lactose and soy-free calcium that also contains vitamin D. And it's naturally sweetened with organic oats! Since an oat beverage traditionally works well in baked goods, it's perfect for a recipe that gives a nod to a pear crisp in flavor. Bob's Red Mill old fashioned rolled oats (while being perfect for a real pear crisp) add iron and fiber to this smoothie.
Cardamom is a spice predominantly used in desserts. It comes from the seeds of a plant within the ginger family. With an aroma of sweet, spiced wood that's also reminiscent of fennel, it provides a punchy dessert-like aroma.
To keep this smoothie vegan, swap out honey for an alternative sweetener like agave or maple syrup.
Makes 2 servings
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist