Breakfast Loaded Sweet Potato
'Sweet potato toasts' made the rounds in the trendy wellness recipe world recently, thanks to the avocado toast wave making veggies a popular breakfast choice. But you don't need to load your sweet potato on a piece of bread to enjoy it for breakfast! Cut out the middle man and turn your sweet potato into a vessel to carry yogurt and granola. You can absolutely eat the entire sweet potato, just be sure to scrub the skin before baking.
For creaminess (and a nod to a traditional baked potato with sour cream), Icelandic yogurt is used for a thick, rich topping that's protein-packed. Icelandic yogurt, like Greek yogurt, is strained for a thick texture and higher protein content per serving. For a crunchy texture change and nutrition boost, Bob's Red Mill granola provides whole grain fiber and protein. Unlike many granolas, these granolas are gluten-free and have less than 7 grams of sugar per serving (but insanely good, unusual flavors like lemon blueberry). For an optional boost of sweetness, drizzle maple syrup on top.
Makes 1 serving
1 medium sweet potato
2 Tbsp whole milk vanilla Icelandic yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
2 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill granola
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and prick with a fork for steam to escape.
- Place on a baking sheet for 45 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and can be pierced with a fork.
- Open sweet potatoes with a knife and add a dollop of yogurt, blueberries, and top with granola. Serve immediately.
- To make ahead, store baked sweet potatoes in the fridge and microwave to reheat.
More content from Recipes
- – 28 High-Protein Breakfasts That Keep You Full
- – 18 Dishes You Never Knew You Could Make in a Slow Cooker
- – 13 Cozy Breakfasts To Make This Fall
- – 13 Cozy Breakfast Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss This Fall
- – 10 Popular "Midwestern" Dishes That Aren't Actually From the Midwest
- – Copycat Healthy Blueberry "Pop-Tarts" Recipe
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 21 Unexpected Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipes