Plant-Based Cashew Butter & Raspberry Smoothie
Ready for a nostalgic nod to childhood lunches? This smoothie is inspired by a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, pairing tart fruit with a creamy nut butter. You can use this customizable formula to swap out the raspberries for strawberries or other berries, or cashew butter for peanut or almond butter.
Cashews contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, and are protein-rich. They are a great vegetarian source of copper and zinc. Frozen raspberries add a beautiful pink color, 9 grams of fiber, as well as 60% of the daily value of vitamin C to your smoothie.
Cottage cheese is also a smart choice for probiotics which are important for gut health and the immune system. To make this recipe vegan, use a vegan cottage cheese substitute or swap it for silken tofu.
Makes 2 smoothies
3/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 Tbsp cashew butter
1 cup Pacific Foods Cashew Original Plant-Based Beverage
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist