Plant-Based Chocolate Tofu Smoothie With Reishi Mushroom
Add tofu to your smoothie for a boost of plant-based protein and a silky smooth texture. But make sure it's silken tofu—an undrained and unpressed tofu, softer than the kind you see in stir-frys.
While many plant-based beverages could be used as a base in this smoothie blend, a cashew beverage has a mild, creamy taste that accentuates the silken tofu's texture.
Don't miss an opportunity to boost your tofu smoothie with some adaptogens. We've used reishi here for added immune support and sleep cycle regulation, but you can swap it out for an adaptogen of your choice—like a lion's mane mushroom supplement for cognitive function or a cordyceps supplement for physical stamina (perfect for workout days).
Makes 1 smoothie
1/4 cup silken tofu
1/2 frozen banana, broken into chunks
1 packet Four Sigmatic Reishi Elixir
1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup Pacific Foods Cashew Original Plant-Based Beverage
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist