Plant-Based Spirulina Piña Colada Smoothie
This tropical plant-based spirulina smoothie brings a health kick and some color to your mornings. It reminds us of a piña colada because it combines a light coconut base with frozen pineapple. Pacific Foods makes a coconut beverage that's a delicious lighter alternative to canned coconut milk, and can be used in smoothies and Asian-inspired cuisine.
Spirulina, a type of blue-green algae, is the epitome of a superfood—rich in antioxidants and containing high-quality protein. It's definitely a contender for the most nutritious food on the planet. Smoothies are the perfect way to incorporate the vibrant green powder into your diet and reap its health benefits daily.
If you're looking for ways to increase fat content in your smoothies (or lattes, or energy bites), you can add in a spoon of cacao butter. Cacao butter is a versatile plant-based fat derived from cacao beans, that can add a rich texture and aroma to foods and beverages. While it comes from the same plant as chocolate, it doesn't taste like it.
Makes 1 smoothie
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Coconut Original Plant-Based Beverage
1 tsp spirulina powder
1 Tbsp Navitas Organics Cacao Butter, optional
How to Make It
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low, then finish on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
More content from Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – Sorghum Stuffed Peppers
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian
- – 8 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes to Help Lose Abdominal Fat
- – 6 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss
- – 8 High-Protein Vegetarian Recipes to Make Tonight
- – 6 Best Smoothie Recipes to Lower Cholesterol, Says Nutritionist