Potato and Kale Soup
This wintry soup, from our friends at The Almond Eater, is just begging for a cozy fireplace to sit by and slink into a corner with your nourishing bowl of veggies, chicken breast and more.
4 c low sodium chicken broth
4 c raw kale
1 c carrots
6-8 red potatoes, sliced
2 chicken breasts
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
8.2 g fat (1.2 g saturated)
140 mg sodium
How to Make It:
Thaw chicken, cut into bit-size pieces; season with the Italian seasoning. Cook the chicken in a small skillet over the stovetop.
Heat olive oil over a medium-large size skillet; add garlic, onion and carrots.
Rinse kale with water and then sauté it into the mixture.
In a medium-sized pot, add water and cook potatoes until soft. While potatoes are cooking, add chicken broth to the skillet.
Once chicken and potatoes are finished cooking, add them to the kale and chicken broth mixture (into the large skillet).
Simmer on low for 10-15 mins, stirring (and tasting) periodically. Add salt and pepper as necessary.
More content from Recipes
- – 24 Best Vintage Midwestern Recipes
- – Wild Blueberry Walnut Smoothie
- – 5 Healthy Brown Rice Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 8 Baking Secrets They Only Teach You in Pastry School
- – 11 Easy Mini Dessert Recipes That Are Perfect Just for You
- – This Nifty Trick Will Make Perfect Pancakes Every Time
- – 15 Old-Fashioned Food Terms You'll Only Hear In The Midwest
- – 9 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the Back of Iconic Product Boxes