Shake Shack Just Added These New Burgers
Shake Shack fans, this one's for you. The popular burger joint has just announced a new, "luxurious" line of burgers which will be available for a limited time this holiday season. One thing the three new items have in common? They'll be topped with a fancy-schmancy truffle sauce for a truly upscale fast-food experience.
The chain has partnered with Regalis Foods, a specialty food importer for a number of Michelin-starred restaurants in the country, to create a signature black truffle sauce. The creamy sauce will feature Organic Black Truffle Arbequina Oil (made with real truffles), as well as caramelized mushrooms and sherry vinegar, the combination of which will delight customers with a distinctly umami flavor. (Related: The Saddest Restaurant Closures In Your State.)
The new burgers will be available at Shake Shack locations in New York City and Southern California through the end of December. Here's what you can look forward to.
The Black Truffle Burger (670 calories) is topped with gruyere, crispy shallots, and the truffle sauce, priced at just $8.89. For a vegetarian twist, there's a Black Truffle 'Shroom Burger (560 calories) which features a fried portobello mushroom filled with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, and topped with truffle sauce and shredded lettuce. And best of all, the Black Truffle Shack Stack Burger (840 calories), which is a two-in-one type of deal, featuring both a beef patty and a fried portobello mushroom topped with gruyere cheese. Essentially, you can get the best of both burgers for only $3 more.
The high-end burgers are Shake Shack's bid at winning customers back in urban areas, where the pandemic has caused a steep decline in foot traffic. And with such a well-priced luxury item, it may just work.
And if you're unsure about the the black truffle sauce, you can always order it on the side for just $1.50, and dip a fry or two before you commit to one of the new menu items.
For more, be sure to check out 7 Discontinued Restaurant Burgers We Miss.
More content from Restaurants
- – The Unhealthiest Ice Creams at Every Major Chain
- – 9 Secrets About Shake Shack That Might Surprise You
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country