Looking for the perfect dessert to celebrate spring? These light, fluffy Strawberry Shortcake Drop Cookies will do just the trick. Not only are these cookies delicious, but they're also healthier than your average cookie option, swapping regular sugar for Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener.
This recipe, reprinted here with permission, packs in an entire cup of fresh strawberries, which takes them to the next level. Between the sweetness of the Purecane sweetener and the fresh, juicy, strawberries, you'll forget there's no regular sugar in these gems. Plus, the addition of lemon juice also adds that hint of freshness and burst of flavor to truly complete this dessert. For more cookie recipes, check out 33+ Best Healthy Cookie Recipes for Weight Loss.
For the Cookies:
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter (can sub vegan butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
For the Icing Drizzle:
1/4 cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
1-2 tsp almond milk
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the bottom of a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: egg, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla, and almond milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Once combined, add in Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, flour, baking powder, and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a soft dough starts to form. Fold in the chopped strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop two spoonfuls and place them directly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 minutes. While the cookies bake, make your icing. Combine the almond milk and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener until you've reached the desired consistency (the more almond milk you add, the more liquidy the icing). Drizzle on top of cookies and enjoy!