Summer Chicken Sink Salad with Basil & Balsamic
This is a play on the Kitchen Sink concept where you use what's on hand. In this case, I'm using chicken breast because I like to keep grilled chicken breasts on hand for summery entree salads like this one. The grilled corn is perfect in this salad because it adds sweetness and crunch. The combinations are endless so get creative with your salad!
Hot tip! Whenever you are grilling corn, throw a couple of extra ears and save them for salads or a light summer corn pasta or grain dish.
Looking for even more healthy meal ideas? You'll also love these 100 Easiest Recipes You Can Make.
For the salad:
6 cups chopped bibb & romaine lettuce
Grilled chicken, sliced
Grilled corn kernels
Roasted red peppers, chopped
Fresh basil, thinly sliced
Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper.
For the mustard balsamic dressing:
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp whole-grain mustard
1 tsp honey
Salt & pepper
How to Make It
- Scatter about the lettuce across the bottom of a shallow salad or serving bowl and toss lightly to combine.
- In a circular pattern around the bowl place tomato wedges, sliced grilled chicken breasts, grilled corn kernels, chopped roasted red peppers, generous amounts of fresh thinly sliced basil.
- Season the salad with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the dressing, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic, whole grain mustard, and honey in a mason jar or jam jar with a good sealing lid. Add a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Screw tightly and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the top, toss, and add more if desired. The dressing will last for up to 3 weeks when stored in the refrigerator.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 45 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes You Need To Make This Year
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar