A Simple Sheet-Pan Vegan Sausage and Vegetable Recipe
Sheet pan meals are a popular dinner hack, so why not use it for breakfast, too? It's less cleanup and prep work for you, and you can feed a whole family of four at once. To make things even easier, you can customize this breakfast recipe with vegetables that you love and that are in season in your area for more flexibility.
When it comes to plant-based sausages, there are lots of options on the market. Just like with any other grocery item, your best bet is to look for a nutrition label with a short ingredient list of recognizable foods. Make sure the sausage contains a decent amount of protein, and if there's some fiber in there, that's an added bonus. Stay away from plant 'meats' that are predominantly made up of carbohydrates.
I used the No Evil sausage in this recipe because it's delicious and has a super short ingredient list, with spices like paprika, chili flakes, fennel, and thyme making up half of it. You can keep the sausages in sausage form, or crumble them up and use them in other recipes that call for ground plant-based meat.
Now, here's the easiest sheet-pan breakfast recipe you'll ever find.
Makes 4 servings
2 cups cubed butternut squash
2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp coarse kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 No Evil The Stallion Italian Sausages
1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place butternut squash, broccoli, bell pepper, and onion in a bowl, and toss with olive oil. Spread out in one layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, remove sausages from casings and cut into slices. Add the sausage to the vegetables and use a spatula to stir together and turn the vegetables over. Roast about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are browned in spots.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and top with red pepper flakes, if using.
More content from Recipes
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – 25 Cozy Instant Pot Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss
- – 11 Easy, Heart-Healthy Recipes To Make for Dinner Tonight
- – 8 Old-Fashioned Stews You Need to Know How to Make
- – 50+ Healthy Meals You Can Make Ahead & Freeze for Later
- – 21 Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook and Delight Your Guests
- – 7 Quick & Healthy Charcuterie Board Ideas for Any Occasion
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar