Whole30 Breakfast Burrito
Eating gluten-free or following Whole30 guidelines doesn't mean having to skip favorite breakfast comfort food, like a Whole30 breakfast burrito. Here, we swap out the tortilla for collard greens, using them to wrap a savory, hot filling of potatoes, peppers, and scrambled eggs. With so many filling vegetables and eggs inside this Whole30 breakfast burrito, you won't even miss having the tortilla.
Makes 2 servings
2 tablespoons ghee
1 yellow onion, diced
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup diced potatoes
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
2 large collard green leaves
How to Make It
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onion, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and potatoes and cook until the potatoes soften—about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the peppers and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 more minutes. Add the baby spinach to the pan.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then add them to the pan, stirring constantly to scramble them.
- Divide the egg mixture between the collard green leaves and roll up into a burrito-style wrap.
More content from Recipes
- – 6 Lower-Carb Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Satisfied Through Lunch
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar
- – The 30 Best-Ever Weight Loss Smoothies
- – 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Manage Diabetes
- – Egg Muffins with Spinach and Feta
- – Almond Cherry Smoothie Packs
- – Pecan Pie Muffins
- – Crunchy Peach Parfaits