Whole30 Butternut Squash Hash
Finding filling Whole30 breakfast ideas can be challenging, which is why loading up with vegetables is the way to go. This butternut squash hash is made with satiating vegetables, which should be the core of your Whole30 diet. It's also the perfect pair for your morning eggs!
Crunchy, salty, and golden brown, this butternut squash hash is just as good for dinner or lunch as it is for breakfast. Sausage makes it filling enough to start your day, but you can also top it with a fried or poached egg if you want even more protein and heft to the meal. Don't skip the fennel and tarragon—both brighten up the dish considerably with herby flavor.
Makes 4 servings
2 Tbsp ghee
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups butternut squash cubes
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp minced fresh tarragon
1/2 lb Whole30-compliant sausage, or Whole30 Blackberry Sage Breakfast Sausage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the butternut squash, celery, fennel seeds, and tarragon, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Crumble the sausage and add it to the pan with the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is golden and cooked through.
More content from Recipes
- – 6 Lower-Carb Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Satisfied Through Lunch
- – 5-Day Diabetes Meal Plan to Balance Blood Sugar
- – The 30 Best-Ever Weight Loss Smoothies
- – 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Manage Diabetes
- – Egg Muffins with Spinach and Feta
- – Almond Cherry Smoothie Packs
- – Pecan Pie Muffins
- – Crunchy Peach Parfaits