Megan Fox Reveals Why She Stopped Drinking Alcohol
Plenty of celebs have ditched the cocktail, and Megan Fox is one of them.
Known for her strict diet courtesy of personal trainer Harley Pasternak, the actress is super careful about what she puts into her body. We know why she avoids foods high in carbs, but what's up with the no-alcohol rule?
In a recent GLAMOUR interview, Megan revealed exactly why she doesn't drink alcohol, and the answer might surprise you.
As it turns out, the celeb has cut alcohol from her diet for a lot longer than fans realized: "I'm always completely sober. I don't even drink a glass of wine. I don't ever smoke. I don't drink coffee. I'm super strict with my diet and I never deviate," she told GLAMOUR.
According to the interview, she hasn't sipped a drink in over 10 years.
While she certainly has been a positive influence on her fiancé Machine Gun Kelly, who previously struggled with substance abuse, her reason for not drinking is all about self-care.
"When I was in Costa Rica, somebody described the purpose of alcohol with plant medicine: you use alcohol to extract the essence of a plant," she told GLAMOUR. "And I thought, 'That is exactly how alcohol makes me feel. As though it is extracting my essence.' Which is why I have avoided it for so long."
According to PPC Herbs, alcohol acts as a solvent that extracts essential oils, alkaloids, and resins from plants. To best take care of herself and her body, she skips the evening wine.
Want to know more about how Megan takes care of herself and looks that good at 35? Check out Megan Fox's Exact Diet and Exercise Routine.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57