BBQ-Flavored Double Roasted Pistachios
I've never been a fan of pistachio flavored things, so I figured that meant I wouldn't like the taste of pistachios. But after making this double roasted pistachios recipe, I was shocked. Pistachios are in fact delicious—especially when they're smothered in a BBQ-flavored rub.
If you're a huge fan of pistachios, here are 15 Perfect Pistachio Recipes to make.
Why are these pistachios double roasted?
Typically when you buy a package of pistachios, the nuts are already dried and roasted. Pistachios are typically sold in shells, but you can grab a bag of shelled pistachios if you would rather not sit there and shell them individually. While shelled pistachios are fine to eat by themselves, double roasting them (also known as toasted pistachios) gives the pistachios an extra crunch. Plus, you can add a specific seasoning to them to make them even more flavorful.
Between the brown sugar and the salty pistachios, this salty-sweet snack will be an easy crowd-pleaser for any kind of event. Watching the big game? Having a movie night? These BBQ-flavored double roasted pistachios are great to have on the table.
Makes 8 servings
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
2 cups pistachios, shelled
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spread the coated nuts onto a sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted to your liking.
More content from Recipes
- – 4 Healthy Snack Recipes to Manage Diabetes, According to a Dietitian
- – Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- – Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
- – Whipped Cottage Cheese With Berries and Pistachios
- – Vegetable Croquettes
- – 16 Crispiest Comfort Food Recipes to Make in Your Air Fryer Tonight
- – 20+ Healthy Mug Recipes You Can Make in 5 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 21 Easy Weight Loss Snacks That Take 5 Minutes (Or Less!)