Lobster rolls are one of America's greatest food inventions. They're also one of Americans' favorite indulgences during the Summer. (In fact, find out which state it ranks for in The Best Summer Food in Every State.)
The main problem that comes with eating Maine lobster? Lobster meat is pricey, and restaurants too often drown the fresh lobster flavor with an abundance of melted butter.
To solve this eating dilemma, this recipe subs in ultra-lean, protein-packed, easy-to-find-in-stores shrimp — one of nature's lowest calorie sources of fat-burning, belly-filling protein — for the lobster. And in place of all that butter, we bring out the best with Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, a brand that's committed to using real ingredients like cage-free eggs and responsibly sourced oils from Iowa family farms. One serving contains 40 percent of your daily value for omega-3 ALA.
Not familiar with Hellmann's? You may know it as Best Foods. That's because these two brands are on our list of 17 Foods With Different Names on East vs. West Coasts.
What You'll Need:
Makes 4 servings, 300 calories/serving
1 lb cooked shrimp
2 stalks celery, diced
½ small red onion, minced
2 Tbsp minced chives
2 Tbsp Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp hot sauce (we like sriracha)
Salt to taste
4 hot dog buns
How to Make it:
Mix the shrimp, celery, onion, chives, mayo, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt together in a bowl, stirring to carefully incorporate.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the hot dog buns and toast until the sides are nicely browned.
Divide the shrimp mixture among the rolls. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
For more ways to Bring Out The Best using Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, click here to visit the Hellmann's website!
Editor's note: This post was sponsored by Unilever, parent company of Hellmann's.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make
- – Professional Chefs' 16 Quickest 5-Ingredient Summer Recipes
- – 35+ Easy Recipes Anyone Can Make at Home
- – 20 Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss