Blended Banana Iced Coffee Recipe
As spring and summer sneak around the corner, mixing up a nice frozen drink will help thaw you out when temperatures are high. Save the hot pot of coffee for another day and try out a new kind of caffeinated drink to get you through the day.
Blended iced coffee is nothing new—see Dunkin', Starbucks, and even Dutch Bros for example—but coffee with a dose of fruit is something special. Dole's Blended Banana Iced Coffee tames the strong taste of coffee with ground cardamom, powdered sugar and vanilla. All of which pair very well with ripe bananas, and a touch of milk chocolate makes this beverage a real treat!
Recipe provided by Dole
Makes up to 4 servings
Pro Tip: If you're a big fan of cream or milk in your coffee, add a small additional serving of unsweetened almond milk for a more creamy consistency without any extra added sugar!
3 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 Tsp ground cardamom
1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
4 cups brewed Waialua Estate™ Coffee, cooled
2 Tbsp shaved Waialua Estate™ Hawaiian Milk Chocolate
3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
How to Make It
- Purée bananas, sugar, cardamom and vanilla extract in a blender; with blender running, slowly add milk. Freeze banana mixture 1 hour or until almost solid. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- Divide coffee into 4 (12-ounce) glasses; stir in banana mixture and sprinkle with chocolate. Serve with additional milk, if desired.
More content from Recipes
- – 13 Healthier Old-Fashioned Midwestern Recipes To Try Tonight
- – 30+ Easy Dinners That Will Leave You With Plenty of Leftovers
- – 20 Old-Fashioned Pie Recipes To Make This Weekend
- – 23 Old-Fashioned Summer Recipes You Need To Make
- – 15 Classic 1950-era Dishes That Will Make You Feel Super American
- – 15 Vintage Cakes That Are Perfect for Birthdays
- – 8 5-Ingredient Smoothie Recipes to Lose Abdominal Fat
- – The Best Classic Recipes Your Grandma Used to Make