Healthy Blueberry Peach Cobbler Recipe
Hopefully, the word "healthy" in front of this blueberry-peach cobbler recipe didn't frighten you away. We know dessert is supposed to be an indulgent treat—that's why we have it after dinner! Everyone loves a slice of a rich piece of chocolatey goodness, but by the time the dog days of summer arrive, you're no longer dreaming of warm brownies or chocolate cake for dessert; instead, you probably want something that both refreshes and celebrates the season. Well, dig into this recipe, because this cobbler does both and satisfies your sweet tooth. At its core are the two of the greatest summer fruits of all time (which also happen to be two of the healthiest ingredients on the planet, bursting with fiber and potent antioxidants), baked into a state of sweet intensity and topped with crispy tender biscuits, perfect for soaking up all those lovely fruit juices.
Nutrition: 310 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated), 32 g sugar
2 lbs peaches, peeled, pitted, and each cut into 6 wedges
1 cup blueberries
1⁄4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
3⁄4 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp baking soda
1⁄3 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the peaches, blueberries, the 1⁄4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, the flour, butter, baking powder, baking soda, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to break up the butter and mash with the flour until the consistency is like coarse meal.
- Add the yogurt and stir gently to create a shaggy dough (don't overmix or you will have tough biscuits).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal mounds.
- Arrange the mounds out over the peaches and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the peaches are bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown.
This recipe (and hundreds more!) came from one of our Cook This, Not That! books. For more easy cooking ideas, you can also buy the book!
More content from Recipes
- – 6 Best Rice Recipes to Shrink Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – 25 Best Vintage Recipes
- – Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Peppers Recipe
- – 21 Healthy Memorial Day Recipes That Take 20 Minutes (or Less!)
- – Savory Spirulina and Kale Oatmeal Recipe
- – 50 Vintage Recipes to Bring Back This Summer
- – 20 Quick and Healthy Fish Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (or Less!)
- – 5 Best Protein Smoothie Recipes for Stronger Muscles, Says Dietitian