Best-Ever Breakfast Veggie Burger Recipe
Why limit yourself to only breakfast foods for your first meal of the day? Frozen or refrigerated pre-made vegetable burgers are a convenient solution to breakfast, lunch, and dinner, especially if you're trying to find satisfying and filling plant-based meals.
When choosing a frozen veggie burger, always take a look at the ingredients. Field Roast has a solid burger option that's made from barley, carrots, celery, and mushrooms, and it has 25 grams of protein. This burger doesn't rely on a grill to make it good, either. All you need is a cast-iron skillet to impart some of that seared texture and flavor you love in a burger.
Go bunless (and low-carb) by nestling your veggie patty on a thick and juicy tomato slice instead of bread, and then serve it alongside onions and avocado. You can also top your breakfast with a runny sunny-side-up egg for a savory flavor. With a runny yolk, you can skip condiments, too. Opting for a quality animal product like an egg instead of processed sauces with added sugars goes a long way when you're trying to eat clean. For an extra green crunch, you can even sprinkle this California-inspired burger with sprouts.
Topped with an egg, this veggie burger is ideal for breakfast, and it's packed with enough plant-based protein from the veggie burger and the avocado to also be a lunch and dinner option, too.
Makes 1 serving
1 Field Roast veggie burger patty
1 thick slice tomato
3 thin slices red onion
1/4 avocado, sliced
1 tsp canola oil
1 large egg
Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook the patty on each side for about 3 minutes until browned. Place the tomato slice on a plate, and top it with sliced onion and the veggie patty.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Gently crack the egg into the skillet. Cook low and slow until the white is completely set, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top the burger with the egg. Add black pepper and parsley. Serve with avocado on the side.
More content from Recipes
- – 11 Best Ramen Recipes To Make This Winter
- – I Made Ross' Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich With the Moist-maker—& It's Too Much
- – 13 Delicious Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
- – 7 Tips to Expertly Brine a Turkey, According to Chefs
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 7 Thanksgiving Side Dishes You Can Make in Your Air Fryer
- – 7 Holiday Desserts You Can Enjoy if You Have High Blood Sugar
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)