The Cheesecake Factory Is Launching Cheesecake Ice Cream in 7 Decadent Flavors
The frozen aisle at your local grocery store just got a lot sweeter. Two words: Cheesecake ice cream.
In a groundbreaking move for the recently heartbroken and even for those who just had a bad day at work and need to splurge, The Cheesecake Factory announced some exciting news yesterday: The company is launching a line of ice cream pints inspired by some of its famous cheesecake flavors.
There are seven decadent flavors of cheesecake-infused ice cream to choose from and they're all made with Cheesecake Factory's signature cheesecake ingredients. There's almost no chance any of these pints will disappoint, right? Each flavor packs a blend of cream cheese and sour cream to achieve that distinctive cheesecake texture.
- Birthday Cake: The Cheesecake Factory is branding all of its ice cream pints as "celebratory," but this one fits the bill the most. With cake-flavored cheesecake ice cream, cake pieces, swirls of icing and candy sprinkles, the Birthday Cake flavor is at the top of the must-try list.
- Cookies & Cream: You truly cannot go wrong with this flavor. Cookies & Cream cheesecake ice cream coupled with a chocolate cookie swirl? Toss us a spoon!
- Salted Caramel: If you like the Salted Caramel cheesecake at the Factory, then you're bound to be a fan of this flavor. This pint combines delicious caramel cheesecake ice cream with sea salt and swirls of both caramel and graham crackers to create an undeniable crowd-pleaser.
- Chocolate: This pint from the Factory features chocolate cheesecake, of course, but also incorporates rich chocolate fudge swirls. A classic, well-executed.
- Original: Similarly, the original flavor is far from plain. The cheesecake flavor that is a favorite to many restaurant-goers is transformed into ice cream—graham cracker crust swirls and all.
- Key Lime: Looking for a tarter, more tropical twist? The key lime cheesecake flavor may be the pint of choice for you.
- Strawberry: Cheesecake Factory rounds out the new lineup with its strawberry cheesecake flavor, incorporating both strawberry and graham cracker swirls.
Cheesecake Factory partnered with Wells Enterprises, Inc.—an ice cream manufacturer in Iowa—to cast its beautiful array of flavors into a line of creamy desserts. Selling in grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99 per 14-ounce pint, the dessert is right in-line with other popular by-the-pint competitors, such as Ben & Jerry's and Halo Top.
Although this is the restaurant's debut in the ice cream business, the launch is just the newest addition to The Cheesecake Factory at Home line of products, which includes anything from whole cheesecakes to sleeves of its famous brown bread. Other products include cheesecake slices, mini cupcake trios, layered dessert puddings, and even a cheesecake box mix.
While those all sound great, we'll be heading straight for the ice cream. Cheesecake Factory Founder and CEO, David Overton, put it best in a statement: "Cheesecake fans no longer need to choose between a slice and a scoop," he said. "Now they can have both in one delicious dessert."
Looking for another way you can enjoy The Cheesecake Factory's cheesecake at home? You could try making it yourself with The Best Copycat Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake Recipe.