Chick-fil-A is Testing This New Sandwich on Its Menu
The original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich is iconic. Since its beginning in 1964, the boneless, fried chicken breast between two buttered and toasted buns has paved the way for sandwiches that have come after it — even the newest one! The Chick-fil-A Honey Pepper Pimento Chicken Sandwich is in testing at select locations.
If you're in the Ashville, North Carolina, or northern South Carolina area, you may be one of the few who get to try the new limited-time menu item. The Honey Pepper Pimento Chicken Sandwich beat out several other twists for the seasonal spot, according to Nation's Restaurant News. Expect the classic sandwich plus honey, melty pimento cheese, and pickled jalapeños. (For more on classic beloved foods, here are 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.)
The release is something new for the fast-food chain. "This is the first variation of the Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich we've tested as a seasonal item," the senior culinary developer Chef Stuart Tracy says.
He also notes that the team behind the recipe creation wanted a combination of flavors. That's why they believe the savory, salty, and sweet medley won the hearts (and taste buds) of consumer testers.
This isn't the only menu item Chick-fil-A has added this summer. They recently announced three new options from the other side of the menu. Two coffee drinks and a dessert are now available.
The new Chocolate Fudge Brownie is only $1.89 and will satisfy any chocolate craving. The individually-wrapped square contains semi-sweet chocolate in the batter plus fudge chunks, too.
The other two items are the seasonal Mocha Cream Cold Brew, which, like the Honey Pepper Pimento Chicken Sandwich, is only available for a limited time, and a new blend of regular coffee. The THRIVE Farmers coffee blend was made especially for the fast-food chain.
For more restaurant menu news, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – 5 Restaurant Chains That Got a Major Facelift In 2022
- – 7 Fast-Food Items That Returned to Menus in 2022
- – KFC Is Launching New Funnel Cake "Fries" at Dozens of Locations
- – Chick-fil-A Just Debuted Its First Merch Collection & You're In for a Real Treat
- – 5 Old-School Restaurant Chains That Chefs Miss the Most
- – Dine-In Chains That Serve Surprisingly "Gourmet" Food, According To Chefs
- – McDonald's Is Launching a Giveaway of a Lifetime—Here's How to Enter
- – 17 Discontinued Fast-Food Desserts We Desperately Want Back