Chipotle Just Shared Their Famous Guacamole Recipe
Chipotle is famous for only using fresh ingredients daily for their quick and delicious Mexican food. And anyone familiar with their food prep process will tell you that they slice up a ton of avocados each day for their freshly made guacamole, which is why it's so good. But have you ever wondered how the super popular fast food restaurant makes their guac? Well, now you can find out.
Chipotle's Executive Chef Chad Brauze recently showed the tricks of his trade in a fun video posted to Chipotle's verified Instagram account, in which viewers learned how to make the chain's signature guacamole recipe.
Here is an easy step-by-step tutorial for you to follow!
Chipotle also shared the recipe for their guacamole on Twitter:
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1/2 jalapeño including seeds (diced)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
What to do:
1. Cut avocados in half and remove pits carefully
2. Scoop the avocados into a bowl
3. Toss and coat with lime juice
4. Add the salt and mash until it's a smooth consistency
5. Fold in remaining ingredients and mix
6. Taste the guac & adjust seasoning if necessary
It's a remarkably easy recipe to follow, and, as is often the case with the best guacamole, it calls for fresh ingredients. For the full step-by-step, you can watch Chef Chad's video below:
Since the restaurant industry has been hammered by the coronavirus-related shutdown, many national food chains are actively seeking ways to keep their brands relevant and companies afloat as many states either slowly re-open or get closer to reopening. Recent reports suggest that only four national food chains posted a profit in the first quarter, which suggests many restaurants may not survive post-pandemic.
Sharing their original and beloved guacamole recipe may just be Chipotle's attempt to keep their online orders and reputation alive. And hey, we appreciate it—especially considering Cinco de Mayo is next week!
More content from Restaurants
- – 7 Secrets About Fries That Restaurants Don't Want You to Know
- – McDonald's Latest Happy Meal Stunt Is a Letdown for Fans and a Huge Pain for Employees
- – Burger King Unveils a New Tagline and Jingle
- – 8 Restaurant Chains That Are Currently Shrinking
- – Taco Bell and Pete Davidson Would Like to Apologize for Your Breakfast
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Has Gotten Much Worse at the Drive-Thru, New Study Shows
- – This Fast-Food Burger Sold Out In Two Hours Last Year—and Now It's Coming Back
- – These Fast-Food Chains Were Just Voted Top Food Destinations for Travelers