A Refreshing Cucumber and Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
It's never too early to start celebrating Cinco De Mayo, and this Cucumber & Jalapeño Margarita is the ultimate way to do that. The combination of refreshing cucumbers with the spicy jalapeños in this recipe, reprinted with permission, is truly unmatched. And the fact that the simple syrup is made with Purecane™ Individual Packets instead of regular sugar makes this a healthier alternative to those sugary margarita options!
For more healthy drinks, check out our 6 Best Healthy Margarita Recipes.
For the Simple Syrup:
4 Purecane™ Individual Packets
1/2 cup water
For the Margaritas:
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6-7 limes)
2 oz Triple Sec
6 oz Tequila
1/2 medium cucumber (sliced) + a few slices for garnish
1/2 jalapeño (sliced and de-seeded) + a few slices for garnish
How to Make It
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
- Once the water has been brought to a boil, add in the Purecane™ Individual Packets. Remove from heat and stir until dissolved. Allow it to cool completely by popping in the fridge while you move on to the next step.
- Muddle 1/2 of a medium cucumber (sliced) and 1/2 of a jalapeño (sliced and de-seeded) in the bottom of a pitcher or a bowl. You can use the back of a spoon or fork to do this. (Tip: if you want it spicier, add the jalapeño seeds! The seeds contain all the heat.)
- Combine the cooled simple syrup, lime juice, Triple Sec, and tequila in the pitcher over your muddled cucumber and jalapeño mixture. Give it a few stirs so the flavors can combine.
- Serve over ice and enjoy! Will make about 4 margaritas.
- Optional: Garnish with jalapeño, lime, and cucumber slices.
- Optional: Sub out 1-2 limes for lemons for a light and fresh twist!